First please make sure there is no tutorial message on the screen, the game will intentionally pause during tutorial sections until the tutorial action is completed. If that does not resolve the issue, then please use the Contact Us link above to submit a ticket and we will investigate the issue thoroughly. However, this process can take some time and the results could vary. If the Restart from Checkpoint option does not resolve the issue. The best workaround would be to load a backup save.
How to load a backup save
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales features automatic backup saves at key points in the story, usually when a mission is completed. If your current game slot is stuck in an unplayable state, you can return to a backup save instead of starting the game over.
To do this, exit the game and go to the Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales folder that is located inside the Windows Documents folder.
The path of the folder will look similar to this:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales\
If you installed to the default path, copy and paste the line below into your file explorer. It should take you directly to where the save files are located.
%userprofile%\documents\Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales\
In here, you will find a folder with a long number or combination of letters and numbers. That folder contains the save files and the backups.
- Backups have the same base name as the save slot with a suffix added. For example: slot0-s.save.backup01.
- If you do not see the backup files, go to the View tab in the folder and click the 'File name extensions' checkbox.
- There is a maximum of 10 backups, the backup with the lowest number is the most recent. You can confirm this by looking at the time and date the backup file was created.
- To restore a backup, remove the ".backupXX" extension from the filename to overwrite the normal save. So slot0-s.save.backup01 would become slot0-s.save.
- Each profile has its own autosave and backups. The game has a maximum of 6 profiles. Slot0 is Profile 1, Slot5 is Profile 6, etc.
Please be aware that overwriting existing save files can result in losing progress. You can backup your own save files by copying them and storing them in another folder, before overwriting any file.
You may lose some side content progress depending on the time between when the save was made and when you experienced an issue.