A potential workaround would be to load a backup save.
Marvel’s Spider-Man features automatic backup saves at key points in the story, usually when a mission is completed. If your current game slot is stuck in an unplayable state, you can return to a previous save instead of starting the game over:
- From the Spider-Man main menu, select the game slot where you’re experiencing an issue.
- Instead of choosing Continue, choose Load Game. You will be prompted that loading a game will overwrite your current save. Press X to continue.
- The PlayStation 4 Load Game screen will appear, with a list of your save games as well as backup files.
- Using the date, choose the latest file marked [BACKUP].
- Continue playing the game.
You may lose some side content progress depending on the time between when the save was made and when you experienced an issue.